Who are K-Line Ag? We are an Australian owned, family run business dedicated to the manufacture and supply of quality agricultural machinery. With a focus on research and product development, K-Line Ag has established a reputation for producing efficient, reliable and high quality farm machinery. All of our products are available in Australia, and the Speedtiller range is available in USA & Canada. All K-Line Ag machinery comes with a 12 month parts & labour warranty and a dedication to quality after-sales service.
So why join with K-Line Ag?
- We are an industry pioneer of the global agricultural market
- Market leader with a forward-thinking attitude and great scope for development and expansion.
- 21 years of supplying machinery to the agricultural sector
So ask yourself, are you passionate about the global agricultural market and providing superior customer service? Do you love what you do and are one of those people that goes that extra mile always? Do you inspire those around you through your commitment to innovation, honesty and integrity, and action? Well if it is yes, yes, yes then we are looking for an Assembly Leading Hand to join our team and this may be the role that you have been searching for!
But! As a valued member of the K-Line Ag team you will be responsible for living and breathing our mission and values every day. These are not for the faint of heart, we have high expectations so before applying think about whether you can live up to these values!
- Innovation – Market leading research and development
- Precision – To define and refine what we do
- Reliability – Consistently better by design
- Respect – For all people and the environment
- Integrity & Trust – What we say, we do
About the role
The primary role of the Leading Hand is to implement and initiate work activities that are passed on from the Director of Production & R&D within the Assembly area. They will also develop and maintain strong working relationships with all other factory employees.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To supervise and oversee Assembly of all K-Line Ag products as per the Production Schedule to maintain DIFOT.
- Training of new employees within area of responsibility including Painting and Assembly.
- To assemble product, fit hydraulics on product in preparation for dispatch.
- Coordinate product assembly and fitting with the Dispatch Coordinator to ensure delivery priorities are met.
- To operate machinery, forklifts, overhead cranes and hand tools according to industry good practice and K-Line safe working procedures
- Maintain personal and team punctuality in regard of start and finish times and work and direct team to work overtime as the job requires to ensure production schedules are met.
- Maintain internal Quality checks and complete relevant paperwork to ensure all processing and fabrication and finishing meets K-Line quality standards.
- Follow all company WHS Procedures and Apply the principles of WHS in the workplace at all times
- To have regard for all K-Line Ag Management standards of personal presentation, language and conduct and attitude in dealing with other staff, K-Line Ag clients and suppliers.
- Lead and drive Assembly team to deliver outcomes, whilst dealing with all employee issues as they arise including performance management of staff
Skills and Qualifications
You must possess a Trade Qualification in a relevant discipline (Diesel Mechanic or Metal Fabrication preferable) and you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role in a similar industry is essential (Agricultural Machinery Assembly or Maintenance)
- Good leadership skills able to effectively delegate work as required
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, along with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously along with demonstrated prioritising and organisational skills
You will have a can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and be able to work well under pressure.
We look forward to receiving your application which should include an up to date CV and a covering letter detailing why you think you are the best person for the job.
To apply online, please click here.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Natalie Bol on 0400 061 769, quoting Ref No. 751151.